Work in Hawaii
Aloha and Welcome!
This is the Department of Human Resources Development (DHRD) recruitment center. The links provided on this page will help you locate job openings for the State of Hawai‘i Executive branch, excluding the Department of Education and non-civil service positions with the University of Hawai‘i. The links will also provide you with the tools to apply for job openings online through the NeoGov application.
- This is the master list of job openings for civil service positions within the State Executive branch departments, including unskilled (“registration class”) jobs, and many of the non-civil service opportunities within the departments. This link also provides an official, secured login to your NeoGov account.
- These positions are non-civil service status and are processed by the hiring departments. Each job bulletin directs you to the hiring department with the vacant position.
- Job Opportunities with Other State Departments
Career opportunities posted by specific departments. The listings may include civil service, non-civil service, appointed, and/or temporary/intermittent jobs.
- Step-by-step, 10-page fully illustrated guide on using the State of Hawaii’s online application process (powered by NeoGov).
- Applicants’ Rights Under Federal and State Employment Laws
Federal and State laws provide certain rights to applicants. Here you will find information relating to the Federal Family Medical Leave Act, Equal Employment Opportunity, Employee Polygraph Protection Act, the Hawai’i State laws, and DHRD’s Discrimination/Harassment-Free Workplace Policy.
- Information for state and county retirees who wish to return to work with the State Executive branch departments. Please note that DHRD’s posting is not comprehensive or complete, so that interested persons should also follow the link to the Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) website.
- Information about citizenship, residency, our merit system, DHRD levels of review, and other topics.
- Job applicants should use this form (HRD 390C) to notify us of any changes to your name, address, employment conditions, and to be reinstated to the list of eligibles if you have been suspended from eligibility.
Share this Post
Finding Jobs in Hawaii
Employment is tough to find for most people. Jobs exist in certain career fields. If you’re a waiter-waitress, nurse or other…Read More
Staffing Agencies in Hawaii
We pride ourselves in our people and our ability to deliver high-quality results. It s this dedication and determination…Read More